Commercial General Contractor in Rochester, is looking for a Construction Estimator/Project Manager for a Direct Hire Position!
Responsible for preparing quality pre construction and construction estimates including; order of magnitude estimates, conceptual budgets, design development budgets, construction bid document estimates, etc. Responsible for leadership of the planning and execution of all construction activities necessary to execute one or more projects.
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Perform site visits to ensure accuracy of estimates.
- Maintain proper documentation for each estimate including establishing and updating project estimate books.
- Participate in interviews and presentations and constructability reviews as needed.
Project Management Responsibilities:
- Overall Project Leadership including:
- Conduct pre-submission project site inspection with estimators and subcontractors.
- Assist as required in the overall development and coordination of design and construction documents, menus, estimates, specifications and bid packages through record drawings.
- Review and interpret plans and specifications. Resolve unforeseen site conditions, detect unstated assumptions, contract discrepancies, and other design/construction conflict problems with all stakeholders.
- Create project schedule.
- Qualification, selection and contract negotiations/vendor services and materials needed.
- Develop, approve and document all change orders to owner/client.
- Monitor and control long term scheduling.
- Initiate and lead project meetings.
- Responsible for projects’ financial management and performance.
- Work closely with the assigned Superintendent in establishing effective lines of communication to achieve all project objectives,
- Responsible for compliance with local regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for obtaining the Certificate of Occupancy within the projected timeline.
- Respond to any warranty issues.
- Conduct formal post project evaluation.
- Achieve superlative Customer Satisfaction rating for Team performance.
- Remain the ongoing Customer Relationship Manager.