Construction Project Superintendent
The Project Superintendent is responsible for leading and directing the overall on-site coordination, administration, direction, construction, and resource allocation for a project. Contingent on size of project, may also function as a project lead person, leading a team of trades people to perform a specific project or project task.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships and provide immediate response to customers’ needs.
- Supervise the total on-site construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives, project managers, architect/engineer representatives, other contractors, etc., to create a cooperative team-based job site environment.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise on-site functions including scheduling, material control/purchasing, job site quality control, and safety.
- Supervise trade associates and/or other contractors as required by the contract.
- May authorize and/or approve all project personnel transactions, purchase requisitions, field design change requests, etc.
- Provide technical assistance i.e., interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment, etc., as required.
- Assist Project Manager in developing and implementing project procedures, establishing project schedules, working documents standards, etc.
- Ensure that on-site personnel comply with project procedures, safety program requirements, work policies. Document all violations; notify Project Manager, recommend/implement corrective actions as required.
- Assume responsibility for daily job reporting, time keeping and accident reporting.
- Handle and properly code all delivery tickets.
- Assume responsibility for productivity of trades, efficient use of materials and equipment, and contractual performance of the project.
- Monitor, control and enforce company safety and hazard communication policy to assure compliance with OSHA requirements, project procedures and work policies. Document all violations; notify Project Manager.
- Mentor and assist with the development of an associate in the Project Superintendent-in-Training position.